Place-based Science for Educators: Module 4
Part 2: Place Plan Draft
Before we meet for our live class on Thursday, June 21, we are asking you to do two things:
Assignment A: Complete A Full Draft of Your Place Plan
You have already done Stages 1 through 3, so you’ll be working on Stages 4 and 5. Some notes:
- This is a DRAFT! Ideas can be partly formed, organization in progress, details forthcoming, etc. The goal is to have enough to share with your fellow teachers on Thursday to get good quality feedback.
- Stage 4 summary: This is where you’ll write out the details of your plan — the more specific the better. If your plan will span several days or weeks, I’d recommend that you sketch out the learning objectives, formative assessments, and activities in some sort of table or calendar. That said, you are welcome to build your plan into whatever curricular planning strategy you already use and simply copy/paste or link that into your Place Plan.
- Stage 5 summary: This is where you’ll consider the materials and action steps you’ll need to make things happen. You are welcome to leave the question about “who is your buddy…” blank until after our live class on Thursday.
Assignment B: Update or Create a Place Plan Slide to Share with the Class
In your Course Notebook Google Slideshow, please spend a couple minutes either updating your Initial Ideas slide (from Module 2) OR creating a new slide at the end of the slideshow (after Module 4) to show off your current Place Plan. This slide will be presented during a one-minute “quick share” with the full group and should ideally:
- Include an image or two (your own or Googled is fine).
- Summarize in bullet points the key components of your place plan.